Saturday, July 14, 2012

Recipe Experiment-Pumpkin Hummus

It's been a while since I've posted.  I upgraded my blender from a ninja pod version (on the left) to the ninja 1100 (on the right).  Today is my first day using it and I thought I'd experiment.  












A coworker brought in a container of pumpkin hummus.  I never heard of pumpkin hummus, but it was very yummy.  In reading the ingredients it contained mostly wholesome ingredients and some ingredients I didn't think were needed like guar gum and lemon juice.  I sure I could duplicate it at home.

I used a standard can of chickpeas, an equal size can of pure pumpkin, a little soybean oil, lots of vanilla extract, lots of pumpkin, allspice, cinnamon and nutmeg and a little bit of dark agave.  The spices and extract I pretty much added based on smell and taste and viola!  I ended up with a nice size bowl to pic off of for the week.  Pic below shown with a small apple sliced on a saucer.





No comments:

Post a Comment