Tuesday, June 5, 2012

New Venture-Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle

For a while I've thought about doing a program with straight lifting.  I liked Jillian Michaels format, but felt a little lacking in hitting certain body parts.  I also like body pump, but it is a mish-mash of movements that eventually will work a variety of muscles.  It's like you do the workout and from soreness you conclude that a particular body part was worked in that particular workout.

I bought the ebook Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle a few years ago and thought about that format recently.  Sadly I could not find my ebook and ended up purchasing it again thinking it should have been updated since I bought it in the early 2000's.  With this purchase you were given access to Tom Venuto's website for two months called Burn the Fat Inner Circle.  It just so happens that at this time the summer 2012 challenge was about to start.  It's very timely because my motivation was starting to sway.

I joined a team challenge which consists of teams of 5 members.  You must post status updates on weekly which include current weight and body fat percentage.  What I found interesting for this challenge is that if a team member doesn't post or drops out of the challenge the team loses.  This gives you a less likely chance to flake out forcing the other members to lose.

We started on Sunday, June 3.  As part of the submission process you had to take pictures which include a front, side, and back full body shots.  O.M.G.!!  This was truly a wake up call.  I mean you shower everyday, but until I saw my pics I really had no idea how predominant the rolls on my back were.  Also, my pics do not fit my age and in fact I have the body of a much older person.

Since joining the Inner Circle, I started cleaning up my diet which was about a week before the actual challenge.  During that week I was 204 starting and by the end of the week with cleaning up my diet I'm at 200.6.  I'm super stoked about that progress! The next team weigh in is this Sunday, June the 10th.

The challenge is not all about the scale weight.  It's about placing goals and sticking with it.  The team are there to offer support and encouragement.  The challenge is for the entire summer and ends September....total 98 days.  It's written that a high percentage of members drop out.  I've never been on this type of a challenge so I am curious of what changes my body will go through and look like after 98 days.

I'll keep ya posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment