Monday, May 28, 2012

Thoughts......Stayin the course!


I named my blog 'Retrain Your Diet'.  In my mind it would be a journey of all things that lead to a healthy lifestyle.  Those of us with deep rooted issues with food can't just turn off the (in my case) sugar switch without ill effects.  I work to find foods that I enjoy, but that won't take me to never care what I'm eating land.  I'm impressed with myself that I didn't go off the deep end this holiday weekend with making something super fattening and out of plan.

I do have to come to the realization that I just can't have certain things in the home.  For example, my mom likes to have potato chips so I bought a bunch while they were on sale and thought that I had her snack covered.  Umm....I ended up eating much of it.  I even had a bag of bbq flavored which I don't care for, but ate that in a stupid girl moment.  She mainly comes on the weekends and is here now.  She didn't mention not having potato chips....imagine that!

I must admit that I don't get the eating less mindset.  Eating less of what?  Do you know how much is being eaten in the first place?  You can eat a fried chicken wing, but that little wing has a lot of calories.  Baked macaroni and cheese is very caloric where even a half of a measly cup could be considered less than what you would normally eat.  However, its still not a healthy choice.

In gaining a healthier perspective, I give greater thought to the types, quality and quantity.  For me, that is moving forward in my journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment