Saturday, May 5, 2012

My Workout-Les Mills Body Pump Week 1

I am rounding out the first week of Les Mills Body Pump by Beachbody.  I have a love hate relationship with beachbody products.  They are effective and give a rounded at home fitness program.  Well, the hate part is more of my issue.  I never completed any program that I start.  Why?  Because I get bored.   My all time favorite is Slim Series, but it was much too intense and caused body issues.  Meaning my knees couldn't handle all the lunges/squats.  How ironic I pick another program that works your legs like no other.

I started last week as a way to get used to using the barbell and focus on my form.  This week is the official start of  my 90 day body pump rotation.  I don't go to a gym so I've never taken a body pump class.  Of course I viewed the workout on youtube and it seemed more of my speed.  I LOVE lifting which was probably why Slim Series is my favorite.  My last program was Jillian Michaels Body Revolution which uses weights too, but the crazy body positions didn't feel comfortable to me.

Back to Les Mills...
I joined a couple of facebook groups which has helped keep my focus.  One group just started, but the other has lots of members that are at different points in the program.  Some are on their second or third go at the program.  I can see how this program will get me to the physical point that I want to be.  The difference I feel so far is my legs are firming up nicely.  I feel less bloated and very aware of the body parts that are responding. Meaning I was walking today and thought..."hmm, my butt feels very firm"...lol.

Nutrition is on the forefront.  I do still eat my sweets because hello...sugarholic here.  However, it has been curved a lot.  As much as I dreamed, I can't have the body I want by eating mounds of chocolate, cakes, cookies, etc.  But, I do still have a varying degree of them in a lighter form.  A big hindrance to watching your diet is having nutritious meals available.  You really must prep and be prepared no matter how much you may not like to cook.  You really want to make your own stuff because you will know what's in it.  There are things that make it easier like the McCormick's Recipe packets I wrote about before.  Research and find alternatives to your favorites.  For instance, I'm going to try tofu noodles and zucchini noodles this week.  Of course I will write about those later.  For snack ideas take a look at my other posts and come up with your own new favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment