Sunday, April 29, 2012

Weekly Preparation

Tomorrow I will officially be starting my Les Mills Body Pump rotation.  I'm really hoping I can stick with it.  I think the only physical thing that would hold me back is my knee issue.  I did it for a week as a warm up and to get used to the bar and all was good.

Today I prepared 3 meat dishes to eat all week so I wouldn't have to guess about what to eat.  In a perfect world I would have bought chicken breast, but I had to go with a less pricey option which was chicken drumsticks.  Not in the picture is Trader Joe's Brown Rice Medley to go with the Brown Stew Chicken.  Brown Stew Chicken is a Caribbean dish I think.  I had it at a restaurant and wanted to duplicate it.  It has virtually no added salt and get its color and flavor from spices such as ginger, allspice, cinnamon.  I cook it in chicken broth and it has a really nice richness.  I love this recipe!  I got the idea of the turkey meatloaf muffins from bodybuilding.com on youtube.  There are many options on youtube.  I highly suggest you give it a view if you are wanting to try something new or even just browse.  The chicken will also serve as protein on a salad or a chicken wrap...All sorts of yummy this week!

      
Brown Stew Chicken
Turkey Meatloaf Muffins



Stewed Potato to eat with the chicken 

No comments:

Post a Comment