Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Reflections and New Start

In week 3 of Jillian Michael's Body Revolution I wasn't feeling the crazy moves.  She introduced some yoga moves with variations.  I felt this was so unfair to the format of the program.  She tries to encourage you to not be afraid and that your body is ready for it.  Ummm....NOT!  Yoga takes practice and you graduate into other moves.  There was no yoga in this program or even a lengthy stretch segment.

I moved on to Les Mills Body Pump by beachbody.  Today is Day 3 of that program.  I've never used a barbell before so I have to get used to it.  Also, I'm used to working out at home with no shoes and I think I may have to put them on in order to brace myself.  I feel my foot sliding on the carpet and with weights on your shoulders that is not a good thing.  So far I like the format of the program.  I've always liked weight lifting, but the pump format is new to me.  I like that the instructors are encouraging and are camera friendly.

Diet has taken a hit during the week or so I stopped Jill.  Why is it that when one thing stops other things follow?  I don't know, but I'm hanging out at bodybuilding.com and getting supplement info.  I never knew when to take my fish oil.  And thanks to watching Dr. Oz and buying CLA, I didn't know when to take my that either.  I've put together little dishes of daily pills to take to use for Wednesday to Friday.

I went to a restaurant bulk store and bought a 10lb box of tilapia.  I'll be good on that for a while.  I highly recommend bulk buying whenever possible.

I'm not going to do a focused thread on just the workout since I always talk about other stuff that has gone on with me throughout the day.  I'll focus on a section of my posts to the workout instead.

Till tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment