Sunday, April 8, 2012

My Workout-Body Revolution by Jillian Michaels

So I've been doing Jillian Michaels new program called Body Revolution.  It is a 90 day fitness program.  I started about 3 weeks ago and took too long a break so as of last week I've restarted the program.

It's an intense program with a 6-day workout program.  Jillian has made the workout short, but no less affective.  When you embark on a fitness quest such as this if your diet is not in check, and if your goal is fat loss, it is pretty much a waste of time.  I still struggle with the little voice in my head that wants the chocolate or other sugary snacks and salty chips.  I find support groups to be a huge help because someone else is interested in my goal or accomplishment. 

I will also write about recipes that I've tried because this goes along with getting healthy.  I can not eat a microwave tv dinner and feel satisfied.  Lean cuisine, hot pockets, these sorts of things have a lot of fillers and ingredients that I try not to put in my body.  Another quest that I have is to not fill my body with additives and preservatives...or as little as possible.  I also don't like the taste of artificial sweeteners such as dextrose, xylitol or splenda.  Even though splenda is supposedly natural it has an aftertaste to me.  I've recently introduced coconut sugar as a baked sugar alternative.  It's not meant for tea to me because it has a woody undertone.  I am a foodie.  I like the smell of a home cooked meal as well as a healthy quantity.  I started a blog and I will re-post some of my stories regarding recipes on here. 

I must admit that I was a slug this past weekend.  I plan to be more diligent with posting my fitness journal.

No comments:

Post a Comment