Saturday, April 14, 2012

My supermarket trip....

So, like most folks, my money is tight.  I started to just whip out my debit card, but with the products I needed I went rummaging in my many pocketbooks for straggling dollars.  I came up with $19 not counting the loose change...yay!

Before going out I searched on supermarket circulars online.  My other money saving goal was to not use a lot of gas.  The closest supermarket to me is bottomdollar and Giant.  Although bottom dollar can be cheaper depending on the item, I didn't care for their produce and that is what I needed.  I ended up at Giant supermarket based on them having strawberries for sale for 1.50 a quart.  They also had mango's on sale which I LOVE!  Acme supermarket is further away and had mango's for $1.  There was only $0.25 difference in price so I got them at Giant. 

Even when spreading your dollar, you still need to look for the best quality you can get.  It is worthwhile to look at the different brands when deciding too.  I initially picked up a package of tomatoes that ended up costing more than I wanted to pay.  I picked a different brand that were on sale with $1 off at checkout.  Cha..ching!  I needed lettuce and they had an unadvertised sale which was buy one get one free.  Cha...ching!  Blackberries were on sale too....IT'S MY LUCKY DAY!!  I became in love with blackberries last week so they were on sale 2 pints $3.  Where's the meat you say?  I have a freezer full of stuff so I didn't need to buy any on this trip.



As you can see by the pic I added a frozen treat to my haul.  I've had this brand before and it has the added benefit of probiotics from the yogurt.  Skinny cow was on sale also so here is where I had to make a choice.  TCBY and skinny cow fudge bars were the same price for the same quantity.  I went with TCBY. 

In a perfect world I would buy organic, but that didn't go along with my budget this week.  So I have salad mix for the week.  Strawberries, blackberries, mango to make a yummy fruit salad with the oranges and pears I already have on hand.  TCBY fudge bars as a frozen 80 calorie treat.
















No comments:

Post a Comment