Thursday, April 12, 2012

Fav New Products-Tumaro Wrap and Boathouse Farms Dressing

At Giant supermarket I was on the lookout for a wrap that didn't have high fructose corn syrup and was some what healthy.  I found a brand called Tumaro's Gourmet Tortillas.  It is a 10-inch wrap and it only has 80 calories!  Nutrition label says it has 9grams of fiber, 1gram of sugar and 7grams of protein.  It has 430mg of sodium so whatever I use as a filler I have to mindful of the sodium content.  There are a few flavors, but the one I tried was the sourdough.  I'd like to also try the salsa if I can find it.






I've made my own dressing in the past, but I've not found a way to make ranch as yummy as hidden valley's claim to fame.  At Whole Foods I found a yogurt based dressing that is very yummy.  Boathouse Farms makes a yogurt based, low cal, low fat dressing that was well worth the premium price I payed.  I bought the classic ranch, thousand island and zesty french.  These gems contain 45 calories per 2 tablespoon serving!  It's hard to find good tasting dressing, less fat than the original and low calorie but I've hit the jackpot!  Picture below from Boathouse website.



The above two brands are highly recommended for not only dieting, but as a basic daily option.

No comments:

Post a Comment