Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Perception

Sometimes we let our mind influence what we "think" will fill up our tummy.  As a foodie I love the 'taste' of a good meal, but I also like bulk to my meals.  Bulk can be supplied by different means such as adding broccoli slaw or lettuce to a sandwich.  This can give a nice crunch as well as a nutritional boost.

You can also take a pre-made item such as the cheddar stick below.  Out of the package you can have it as is with a piece of fruit, but with the block sitting on your plate you'd probably bite a chunk and it would be eaten in fewer bites.  In the pic below I've sliced it to sprinkle over a salad.  Another option is you could sprinkle it on a sandwich to melt.  You could cut it into small chunks and it looks more appealing as a snack ingredient.


I really recommend Cracker Barrel 2% snack sticks. I have not found a fat-free cheese that I am fond of.  I love this cheese because it has a lot of body to it meaning a flavor richness.  I like these single serve packs because they serve as portion control as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment