Sunday, April 8, 2012

Recipe Experiment-Cloud Pancake

CLOUD PANCAKE
This is a post from my old blog and is very worth posting.

I found this recipe on pinterest.  It's called Cloud Pancake.  It required whipping egg whites and basic ingredients.  I missed the part of cooking it on the stovetop for a few minutes.  I don't see why that's necessary though because the pan has already been heated in the oven.  Soooo....it never deflated which is a good thing and this thing is HUGE!!  Huge works for this foodie.  I love volume and could never look at a tablespoon of anything and be satisfied.  I used 1/2 tablespoon of coconut oil instead of a whole tablespoon of butter that the recipe called for.  I also used half whole wheat flour and half white flour for the 1/4 cup of flour.  I also used coconut milk instead of cow's milk.  If you've been following my blog you know that I picked up several containers of strawberries and 3 half gallons of coconut milk so of course I had to use some in this recipe.

Pic of finished product below...
 
Off to eat!
REVIEW---OH MY GOODNESS!!  That was so very yummy!  Now I'm sad I messed around with the pancake failure from yesterday.  I could have had this one instead.  I used a non-stick tfal omelet pan coated with 1/2 tbs coconut oil.  I moved the coconut oil around up to the sides of the pan before putting the batter in.  I topped the pancake with strawberries and blueberries and put it into the oven.  The result was a browned bottom with a fluffy body to the pancake.  I topped with a measured 1 tbs of agave maple syrup.  This is definitely a keeper.  Sadly because of the whipping of the egg whites this will probably be a day off or weekend meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment