Sunday, April 15, 2012

Easy Meal Creation-McCormics Apple, Sage Pork Chop

Meals do not need to be elaborate or rocket science.  Sometimes, or even often, the most delicious meals can contain minimal ingredients.

I found McCormicks Recipe Inspirations which is a spice packet of everything needed to create a yummy dish.  You add the meat and/or produce to complete the recipe.

I experimented with McCormick's Apple and Sage recipe creation.  This is a stroke of genius for them to develop this.  It is a packet of all the spices you need to make an awesome recipe.  It has a recipe card on the back that you can keep in your recipe book.  I don't think I ever cooked fruit with my meat, but it was very good.

Pic below...that empty space in the pan accounted for the chop I ate for dinner.



For general health you should work to reduce sodium intake.  A bonus of these recipe's is that there's no sodium included.  I found that when making the Apple & Sage Pork Chops that the spices and the reduction of the apple juice flavored the meal nicely.  I'm looking into cooking with herbs and spices to flavor my meals instead of adding sodium.


No comments:

Post a Comment