Sunday, April 8, 2012

Recipe Experiment-Rachel Ray Sausage, Kale n Lentil Soup

I want to get more veggies in my diet as well as incorporate beans somehow.  I came across a recipe by Rachel Ray on the foodnetwork called Sausage, Kale and Lentil Soup.  The serving size she posted is that this soup serves 4.  Umm....that's a big fat NO!  I did add more meat to increase the protein count, but other than that this pot is huge.  The pic on the right is a top shot of the pot which is half full of soup goodness.  The pic on the left is the amount I ate.




 It was a little time consuming because of cooking the meat in batches.  The recipe used turkey sausage to which I added ground turkey.  There's a bit of veggie chopping-onion, celery, carrot, potato and kale.  The good part is this is a one pot meal.  You could add a salad, but I probably won't because its very filling because of the sweet potato and fiber rich lentils.  I'm going to put a few servings in the freezer, pack up some for the week and give the rest away.


No comments:

Post a Comment