Saturday, November 23, 2013

Experiment-Apple Cider Spiced Donuts

I really should stay off of youtube.  That has been my go to place for watching vlogs, looking up recipes and getting tips for just about anything that tickles my fancy.

I'm in love with Laura Vitale's channel at the moment.  She makes lots of yummy stuff and one that caught my eye is Apple Cider Spiced Donuts.  The only thing I don't like is that she makes you go to her website to get the actual measurements for the ingredients instead of placing them in the "about" section on youtube.

Here are some pics of the finished product in my fancy new donut pans.  One is mini and the other is regular sized.  The pic on the right shows the donuts frosted.












House Review:
The cake was good and light.  They did have a good flavor, but I think I will increase the spice mix if I make these again.  These totally needed the frosting.  The frosting really complimented and added to the overall flavor of the cake.  My frosting is thicker than on Laura's youtube channel.  If it turned out thinner I would've dipped the cake twice.



No comments:

Post a Comment