Sunday, November 24, 2013

Experiment-Cinnamon Coffee Cake

I REALLY should stay off of youtube.  I think I can kiss my dietbet challenge goodbye.  I've been in winter mode for a few weeks now and today's weather is just adding to my lazy chromosome.

I found this recipe on Divas Can Cook youtube channel.  What I liked about it was all the flavors of coffee cake in a simple pan form.  Mine didn't turn out as pretty as her's, but its still darn good.

I didn't use my mixer so it wasn't as whipped as her end batter.  I didn't really see that using a mixer was needed because the butter was melted so there wasn't the usual butter/sugar mixing until fluffy that is the baking rule in most recipes.  I added some nutmeg to the cake batter and didn't level off the cinnamon used for the cinnamon paste portion.  I love cinnamon and sometimes measured spices are somewhat weak.  I used more cream cheese (4 ounces) in the frosting cause it seemed too thin.


The end result was light, buttery and full of cinnamonie goodness!  I highly recommend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment