Friday, September 13, 2013

So......

I've been on a long hiatus from this blog.  I'm not even sure why.  I did find it therapeutic to write my thoughts so I'm not sure why I strayed.

Lately, I've been thinking about my health, lack of movement, feeling older than what I am and my food choices.  It hit me about two weeks ago.  I'm not sure what I was doing, but I remember thinking "I feel old and I don't want to feel this way".  So, right then and there is where my thought of how I wanted to live changed.

I've read other blogs that say you shouldn't get your motivation from others or depend on others for support.  However, I do like that added element.  I realize what I just said..."added".  I realized today that I can't look to my best friend as she picked up some candy while we were in a convenience store this morning.  Not that I'm the healthiest person, but we (she and I) had mirrored conversations about getting healthy.  When someone says "moderation" or 'I've been good so I can have it" these phrases don't fly for me especially if you haven't been on your program for that long to determine these things.  So I've realized that I'm on my own with this.

Fast forward two weeks and I get an email form my fav fitness personality, Jillian Michaels.  Its a newsletter introducing her dietbet program. You bet 30 and lose 4% of your body weight in 30 days and the winners split the pot.  The pot has grown over the past few days and I'm actually excited to start.  I'll be posting my journey here.  If I can stick with this then I will be well on my way to a great start in my goal of reducing body fat.  The game starts on the September 22 and runs until October 22.  One blog I read this lady wrote in her mind its like giving the money away to a stranger and that was unacceptable to her.  She worked hard and won the game based on that principal alone.  The financial part is an incentive, but the health benefits outweighs this for sure.

I've been paying for a gym membership since February I think.  Ask me how often I've been there...answer is a big fat ZERO!  I have many things at home where a gym membership is not needed, but I joined to get out of the house.  I'm gonna work on this.  I do take walks, but I know in my heart that is not enough.  I also know I'm capable of doing more.  Writing this down for all to see is my therapy for the day on this.

Moving forward......









No comments:

Post a Comment